Peak Dynamics is innovative performance consultancy working with in Sport, as well as Business & Extreme Adventures. We work with individuals, teams and organisations focusing on:
- Creating ‘What is Takes to Win’ strategies
- Building ‘Transition Pathways’ for athletes
- Optimising Decision-Making
- Improving Dynamic Team Behaviour
- Hardiness & Resilience Training
- Changing Organisational Culture
- Running Young Athlete Leadership Development programmes
- Strategic Planning and Goal Development workshops
- Improving High-Performance Team Communication
- Implementing an ‘Innovation for Competitive Advantage’ programme
Every organisational or club transformation begins ambitiously, with leaders setting aggressive goals and predicting big improvements in results. But the results often fall far short of expectations.
Teams working well together will see qualitative decision-making performance improvements of more than 50%.
Cognitive research has consistently shown that “learning by doing” is the best method for teaching adults—it accelerates learning and enhances retention.
We assess the barriers to good quality decision-making in an athlete and team, leadership skills, team behaviours and organisational cultural effectiveness.
Peak Dynamics helps sports teams and elite athletes from around the world achieve consistently superior performances.
At Peak Dynamics, we believe that the quality of your planning will determine the quality of your performance. We help our clients understand what winning looks like for them and create a deterministic model of ‘What It Takes To Win’ to deliver their own bespoke Gold Medal winning plan.
‘What It Takes To Win’ Strategy (WITTW)
- Performance Audit (historical performance or competitor analysis)
- Deterministic Model of WITTW – The ‘What.’
- Development of Hierarchical Model of Performance – The ‘How.’
- Alignment of Management, Multidisciplinary Team and Coaching Staff to Performance Model
- Develop and enable individualised Gold Medal Plans – (Athlete – Squad)
What It Takes To Transition (WIT ³)
- Deterministic Model of WIT³ – The ‘What.’
- Transitions Audit (successful and unsuccessful transitions) & Performance Trajectory Analysis
- Creation of Performance Model for player/athlete pathway
- Alignment of Pathway to WIT³ – System, Multidisciplinary Team and Coaching Staff
Other services include:
- Developing Competitive Advantage
- Optimising Performance Under Pressure
- Optimising Decision-Making
Human values can be revealed in what we believe, what we feel and what we say. However, the most important manifestation of our values is the choices we make, the decisions we make.
In elite sports, decisions can be very binary and be the difference between winning a gold medal at the Olympics and walking away from four years of hard training and commitment.
Judgement Decision-Making is about:
- The ability to accurately observe what is taking place in a situation or circumstance
- The ability to determine a best solution to a situation
- The ability to move to execute the best solution
- Judgement Decision-Making is to see, to determine and to do.
Peak Dynamics have been utilising a sophisticated judgement assessment tool for over 5 years to help individuals build an awareness of their decision-making style, preferences and blind spots. Our experience has been used by Red Bull athletes and numerous elite sports persons, as a stand alone assessment tool or as part of decision-making development intervention.
We work with our elite athletes and teams to identify what can directly impact that decision-making and improve the quality of the outcome, whether that is competing in the Olympics, Ironman, English Premier League or the NFL.
- Improves athletes decision-making (personal & competition) through enhanced self-awareness
- Identifies personal barriers to performance in training and competition
- Highlights areas of excellence
- Nurtures leadership potential
- Gains an insight into the wellness behaviour and self-care
- Profiles trainability, adherence to training and learning capacity
- Ranks athletes in order of their decision-making capabilities
Interaction, Judgement, Leadership and Communication
Teams make poor decisions as a result of a breakdown in communication or a lack of dynamic behaviour between team members.
At Peak Dynamics, we assess, design and implement strategies for teams to work together more effectively and to achieve synergy. Our expertise has been demonstrated in extreme environments where binary ‘life or death’ decisions can strain the inter-correlated and inter-related decision between team members.
- We provide a robust profiling tool to measure and monitor the performance of teams and their behaviour
- We explain and demonstrate the correlation between constructive team behaviour and team effectiveness
- We uncover a team’s weaknesses and strengths with regards to cognitive decision-making
- We evaluate current approaches to motivation and team dynamics and advise on strategies
- We promote and teach more effective management and leadership approaches
- We illustrate the effects of different personal styles of behaviour
Culture has a greater impact on success than talent does.
The culture of professional sport is now more than ever under the spotlight. Culture is the guiding principle that aligns an organisation or team behind an agreed set of operating principles and values. The blend of individuals will enable or undermine the culture.
Quantifying and managing a sport’s association, a club or a team team is critical for bringing values “to life,” supporting the implementation of its strategies, and promoting adaptation, goal attainment, a winning performance and sustainability.
Behavioural norms have a significant impact an entity’s ability to solve problems, adapt to change, and perform effectively at the top level.
Peak Dynamics Culture Audit enables our clients to close the gap between their ‘current’ and ‘ideal’ culture for the organisation, senior management, departments, teams and individuals. This can be used to help enable change, inform recruitment and retain key staff.
We measure and analyse the culture within your association or club, using data and metrics provided by a statistically reliable and valid audit.
The audit measures:
- The Current Culture of the Organisation
- The Causal Factors of the Current Culture
- The Effectiveness of the Current Culture
- What the Ideal Culture should be
We provide visual profiling of your operating and ideal cultures in terms of the behaviours that members believe are required to “fit in and meet expectations.” We also look at how effective the current culture is proving to be.
We then identify and provide you with solutions and actions that will help close the gap between the current and ideal culture for the association, senior management, departments, teams and individuals.
- Reliable data is obtained data on the behavioural norms of your association or club
- Validates a need for cultural change on the part of participants
- Uses sensitivity analysis of responses
- Identifies the areas where change needs to take place
- Develops a vision for culture change
- Creates individual, team and organisational action plans for effecting cultural change
- Evaluates the impact of organisational change efforts
- Quantitatively measures and monitors key outcomes and causal factors
- Determines the impact of organisational, team, and job level factors on effectiveness
- Assesses employee attitudes, motivation, and stress levels
- Identifies targets for changing and improving engagement and organisational performance
- Identifies levers for moving the organisation’s current culture toward its ideal
- Monitors the impact of organisational change initiatives and interventions
- The data is comparable year-on-year
- Audit is carried out by an organisation independent of the client – No Conflict!
Our work with special forces personnel, explorer and adventurers has demonstrated that leadership can impact on team performance and outcome. We consider the deterministic measures of leadership to be:
- Control – Discipline
- Command – Tactical Decision-Making (execution of plan or decision to change), Team Momentum
- Influence – Player Effort and Commitment – Team Resilience – Team Culture
Peak Dynamics develops ‘Future Leaders’ through experiential learning as part of a mixed cohort from Sport & Business.
Our programme enables candidates to develop the following traits:
- Emotional Control under outcome stress
- Acceptance – A willingness to do a thankless job in the shadows
- Tactical – Aggressive Play that tests the limit of the rules
- Communication – A democratic – low-key, practical, style
- Influencing skills – Ability to Motivates others with passionate non-verbal displays
- Integrity – Consistent values and courage to stand apart
Learning & Development
We are great believers in experiential outdoor learning and development. Cognitive research has consistently shown that “learning by doing” is the best method for teaching adults—it accelerates learning and enhances retention.
Please find below a selection of some of the dynamic development projects that we run. We can also run bespoke development programmes for our clients.
Are your verbal and non verbal messages relayed consistently, received as intended and acted upon with accuracy?
- Discrete audio & video recording
- In play: Captain to Team & Inter-team. Management: Inter-Leadership Team
- Coding Typology: Action Statements, Factual Statements, Emotional Positive, Emotional Negative, Questions, Acknowledgement, Other
- Custom Report – Enables an objective baseline which can direct an monitor the impact of interventions when uses in conjunction with Performance (Outcome) data
Sandy Loder, CEO of Peak Dynamics gives regular keynote speeches. His ‘Art of Decision-Making talk is one of the most fascinating and at times emotional talks you will have heard. He talks about how and why elite athletes and teams can make bad decisions and how they can make better decisions in the future. Using unparalleled data from many of his clients both in the business, sports and adventure worlds and drawing on his own personal experiences, he will take you on a journey…..
If you are interested in booking him to speak at your next major event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Sandy Loder on +44 207 042 9292.